- I don't understand what you are going through, but I am sure trying, help me to understand.
- I love you.
- I trust you. You know the way out of this hell.
- I know what I am asking of you, but please take care of yourself.
- I am not sure I can handle facing what you have been through - its too hard and I am afraid I will be too angry, or I will lose my testimony, or... (Although you would think this would be on the stupid list, it shows me that you know what I am going through. It shows me you are capable of understanding, you are humble, and one day the Lord can strengthen you to face it just like He has strengthened me.)
- It wasn't your fault. NONE of it was your fault.
- Crying when I told them my story. It helped me see that it was ok for me to be sad and upset about the things that have happened.
- I won't force you to do anything, but I want you to...
- I am just thinking of you...
- Its ok to cry. Its ok to be angry. Its ok to feel all of this.
- You are amazing, courageous, strong, brave, and you'll get through this.
- I am praying for you.
- You'll feel this way again. (I was feeling really happy - I was afraid if I went to bed, the feeling would change. I didn't want to let it go.)
- Its ok if you just want to stay in bed. I would want to stay in bed too.
- You are not crazy - you are sorting things out.
- Look at all of the progress you have made. (I really like it when they shared the progress they had seen.)
- What can I do to help you get through this?
- They held me.
- You are beautiful - you are not disgusting, gross, weird, crazy, selfish, etc.
- Thank you. You helped me.
- If you don't feel like it, you don't have to do it.
- I know you are trying and fighting hard. I can't imagine what you are going through.
- This sucks. Its not fair.
- You deserve joy in your life, and you will have it.
- I am so glad you are alive today. You touch my life.
I could echo all of those things. But the biggest one is that I really am amazed by your progress. I haven't even known everything you've been going through, but even without knowing it I've seen progress.ReplyDelete
Now that I'm starting to gain a greater understanding, your incredible progress is even more apparent.
Keep moving forward, you can do it. You will find the peace and happiness that you seek.