- How could it be rape, you were married?
- If you just had more faith, you wouldn't be going through all of these hard things.
- Fast and pray, and you will be cured. (From an eating disorder?? Are you kidding me??)
- You don't look too sick. Are you sure you have an eating disorder?
- Feeling depressed? You just need to give more service. Give more to others, and you will feel better.
- Just eat.
- Are you sure you want to eat THAT? It has a lot of... (fill in the blanks: fat, calories, sugars, whatever.)
- You are such a good person - taking the stairs.
- (and closely related) Why are YOU on the elevator? You look healthy enough.
- One flight! You took the elevator for one flight!?! (yes. I was dizzy. I didn't feel like taking the stairs. Get over it!)
- You sure spend a lot of money on food. Really, your food budget should be next to nothing.
- To Amanda: If you just lose weight, then you will feel better about yourself, and then no more eating disorder! (From a dr!!)
- To Katie: Just take out your earrings, and you will be cured!
- If you're in pain, just take pain killers.
- You just need to pray and read the scriptures.
- If you were more righteous, you wouldn't be struggling with all of this... (Right, have YOU read the scriptures EVER?)
- If you just.... (Fill in the blank with anything. Anyone who says you need to just do ANY one thing doesn't have a clue, turn and run!)
- You have no physical scarring - this is all emotional. If you wanted to get over it, you would have done it by now.
- Its not that hard...
- You just need to forgive them.
- You think food will make you feel better? (I was dizzy... YES!)
Monday, February 16, 2009
Stupid Things People Say
My friend, Katie, and I have talked about writing this list down for a long time, but I never have. I am afraid I have forgotten some of the best ones... If you don't understand why something is on the list, then we need to talk. Comment, or email me, or call me. Please!